January 2021

 January Service Hours: 0

This past module was about the Endocrine system and Reproductive system; two topics I find to be very interesting! We learned everything from how diabetes is effected by dysregulation of hormones' to treatments for breast cancer and uterine fibroids. Not only have we learned what medications to prescribe with Med Pharm, other classes were incorporated this semester to challenge how we think about science and the environment. So far, the most impactful class to me is endocrine pharmacology. This class teaches us the detriments of chronic stress. It has really forced me to take a look at how I manage stress. I'm so thankful they incorporated this class this semester because there are so many moving parts I feel I have to juggle;  studying for the MCAT, class management, and trying to figure out what I will do after graduating, all combined with having to deal with this pandemic. It is a lot. However, the faculty are doing an amazing job keeping us grounded and keeping the class material interesting. It's really great to get a break from learning so many different concepts to actually applying what we learned and seeing how it impacts our lives. 

For service, I am underway planning the next clothing drive at Xavier. We sorted all the clothes and food items in December and were very proud of everything we accomplished. So, hopefully, we can can get the same or even more participation this semester.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

February 2021

XU Table of Thanks: Part 2

April Post