March Post

 Service hours: 2


This month went by so fast! I was able to do some service at Xavier University of LA in the Vincent Vault which is a food pantry that they have for students, staff, and alumni. The College of Pharmacy recently had a food drive so the pantry was stocked with everything from pasta noodles to canned beef. My job was to disinfect the products after they were logged into the system as well as reorganize the shelves. It felt really good to be back on campus to see some old friends and teachers.

As far as the Pharmacology program goes, tomorrow is our NBME 👀. When I tell you we are all stressed, we are all beyond that. The group chat we have has been booming! Full of practice tests for the exam and emphatic disdain for the antimicrobials lecture. In order to study I have found my old materials useful, but 20-30 min you tube lectures way more helpful in studying for this thing. After I  watch a video, I take a quiz in this pharmacology USMLE practice book one of my classmates  entered in the chat. Google also has an abundance of mnemonics that have helped me remember CYP450 inhibs/inducers among other things I struggled understanding in the past. Also, just answering questions for family and friends about their medication helps me remember the MOA and pharmacokinetics of certain drugs. Like Dr. Clarkson always says, "You don't know something unless you can explain it to your grandmother" (well, something like that), but I surely do try to explain things to her when I get a chance to see if I really understand the material. 

I will say being motivated to study for this NBME has motivated me even more to be a doctor. I feel like when I ace this test I'm one step closer to med school. The studying won't end tonight though! I take the MCAT on May 20th and due to the NBME I've had to put MCAT study on hold. With roughly 50 days to study learning how to effectively study for the NBME, I know I will do well on the MCAT too. It's literally make or break season and I feel like I'm truly about to make something beautiful!


HAPPY EASTER (and in a few weeks) RAMADAN! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

February 2021

XU Table of Thanks: Part 2

April Post