February 2021

 service:0

The month of February has gone by very fast. We finished up our neurology and psychopharm modules and are about to start preparing for our NBME. It's surreal to believe we'll be done this program in 2 months, however, my med-school journey is just beginning. I've officially schedule my MCAT and have begun studying. Its absolutely no joke trying to balance studying for the program and the MCAT. Its only been a week and I already feel burnt out. Incorporating short get-a-ways during the weekend like going hiking to keep my mind right and enjoying my hobbies such as painting along with walking my dog gives me the space I need to get out of school mode. I'm very excited to start checking these big things off my check list in order to fully enjoy this year break before med school. 

The mentor meeting we had today with LSU-Shreveport has really made me narrow down my list for schools apply to. Honestly, I'll go anywhere I get in, but I would like a school that allows me to do equal amounts of research and see patients.... So much to think about, but I still have a lot of time to process and develop a sound list. This truly is a journey  that takes dedication and maturity I feel like I'm being challenged to not only expand scholastically  but also mentally. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

XU Table of Thanks: Part 2

April Post