April Post

 service: 14 hours


    The last month of the program was very rewarding. We were finished with medpharm April 1st, after the NBME which was actually not too bad. Everything Clarkson said about the exam was true, as long as you study his little help sheet and start EARLY, it's definitely not too bad. Neuropharm with Dr. Mostany is definitely the most task heavy class that I took this semester. It doesn't feel like that much work, until you get to the presentation! My group and I chose an overly complicated paper, so we had to cover so much to help our classmates understand it. GEEZ was that hard, but now I feel like if any paper is thrown my way, I will be able to tackle it with no problem. 

For May, we have graduation, I start a new job as a medical scribe, I began my doula training program, and I take the MCAT. It feels like this stuff will never end but I am very grateful for this journey and I keep hearing that when you get accepted into med school all be worth it. The most important thing I'd say for this program is to plan and be organized, prioritize your needs and make sure that you never lose sight of your goal to become a physician. Use your energy sparingly and understand that you don't need to know everything, you just need to focus on what's necessary to get the highest marks you can. 

Also, the program doesn't end with your last class, you can still ask the professors for help during the application process. I asked a professor for help with my personal statement, and I am so glad I did. The goal is to always stand out by being YOU. They always say convey your achievements through your personal statement, but I'm learning that you just need to convey why it is you care about people enough to want to save their lives. I could go on and on, but basically all your experiences, even nonmedical tell your story and admissions committees want to hear about them too.

But yeah! This program was amazing, helped me keep my head on straight and understand what I need to do to get into medical school as well as be successful! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

February 2021

XU Table of Thanks: Part 2